    TIA for any insight.

    WinXP SP2
    DX9.0c

    Justin Thompson, May 20, 2005

  2. Think apologies due - my analysis may be at fault. Probably not
    Driver/Sound card - think it the DTT2200 unit after all.

    Will triple check and post again if needed.
    Cheers

    Justin Thompson, May 23, 2005

  3. Hi all Im back :(

    OK - original analysis correct - is a software prob. I swapped out the
    DT2200 unit and put in a P5800 unit - problem persisted. I reconfirmed
    it software as I disabled sound in BIOS, uninstalled drivers,
    rebooted, then re-enabled sound in BIOS and reinstalled latest
    drivers.

    Initially I thought I had fixed as in the sound test utility the duff
    speaker was now working fine - but then found that the woofer was
    silent :(

    So I changed config to say I now using sterio (and not 5.1) and then
    put it back to 5.1 config - and the initial problem returned (Grrrrr).

    Anyone ANY idea WTF is going on here?

    TIA for any help.
    Cheers

    Justin Thompson, May 27, 2005