    also used the windows problemshooter, but no luck.

    Can someone help me?

    Kind regards

    Marco Bakker, Aug 29, 2004

  2. Marco Bakker

    Lenny Guest

    Check the volume control and make sure you haven't got any stray inputs
    enabled (such as line, microphone etc), as this can cause extra noise in
    your sound. You may need to go into the properties window (accessed from the
    menus) and make sure all the checkboxes are ticked so you can see the full
    range of inputs on the sound card (as there is quite a few).

    Could also be your soundcard just blew some component which is causing this
    extra noise. See if you can try it out in another PC to make sure if the
    noise moves along with the soundcard.

    Lenny, Aug 30, 2004