    Im currently using the Soundblaster Live! value driver on it and seems
    to work.

    Thank you in advance for your answers.

    James, Feb 19, 2004

  2. James

    Jim Guest

    I just recently bought a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 from Hong Kong, and I
    There really is no difference between any of the Soundblaster Live cards,
    except that on the Value and lower priced ones, they just don't solder on
    any of the digital in/out connectors, and put more connectors on the
    higher priced ones, but they are ALL capable of the same digital in/outs
    and such. Add the cheap physical connectors yourself, or solder directly
    to them.

    I always get the Value card, and just connect to the digital in myself,
    there is a labeled two pin connector on the board itself which you can
    connect one of those connectors you can cut off of a speaker in an old
    computer that will fit. Else, just solder directly to the pins right
    where it says digital input.

    Why spend more money just for the extra connector when all the boards are
    exactly the same?

    Sure your computer is not going to be able to tell the difference, because
    there is no difference, the computer can't tell how many physical
    connectors were put on it, it just sees the one and only circuit board
    that they make.

    Many companies do this, where it is cheaper to just manufacture one
    circuit board and use it in the various priced models they sell. Radar
    detectors, I have bought the $50 version and added the few leds they never
    soldered in to it and quickly made the $99 version. Adding a few more
    parts made it the $200 version.

    Caller ID boxes made by Cidco - you could buy the 10 number memory one
    and just change one solder jumper inside and all of a sudden you have a 99
    number memory caller ID box!

    Always buy the cheapest model.

    Jim, Feb 19, 2004

  3. the diference is if i'm not mistaken that sb live value doesn't have analog
    5.1 connection. only 4 or 4.1. bye.

    Geronimo_work, Feb 20, 2004
  4. James

    Jootie Guest

    I just recently bought a Soundblaster Live! 5.1 from Hong Kong, and I
    So then just solder on the connectors yourself for 50 cents. All the boards
    are the same.

    Jootie, Feb 20, 2004
  5. please explain I didn't fully understand because if it can me modified to
    output 5.1 throu analog I don't need to spend for a new one. thanks.

    Geronimo_work, Feb 24, 2004
  6. James

    Nanaglyph Guest

    the diference is if i'm not mistaken that sb live value doesn't have
    Just look at the card, it is usually labeled quite clearly where all the
    outputs are, if not, usually a file is included with the one you bought that
    has pin locations in the manual or some file that explain where all the
    outputs can be found. Or an online google search can show you the dozens of
    websites that explain all this to no end.

    I needed a digital SPIDIF input, but the lowest price SB LIVE card didn't
    have one. Realizing all the cards are going to be the same, I looked at the
    card closely, and lo and behold, on the card itself was printed "digital in"
    right next to 2 pins. I used an old internal speaker connector from an old
    computer and it fit on the pins just nicely, then I connected a line to the
    digital output of my studio and now I can record into my computer digitally
    saving myself thousands of dollars for a pro board, and get the exact same
    quality.

    Hopefully, there is enough info here for you to figure out your board if you
    are technically inclined. If you are not, then I guess you will have to buy
    the more expensive board. Perhaps you can find one being sold on Ebay for
    much less.

    Nanaglyph, Feb 24, 2004
  7. James

    Geronimo Guest

    regarding eBay unfortantly I live in Croatia so I'm pritty fu**ed. and
    regarding the rest i'm confused. I have SB Live Player 1024. it has digital
    out that I'm using to connect to my yamaha reciever but in games i cant use
    digital out because it outputs only stereo channels so i must use analog
    outputs from my card but here is where the problem lies. the card has only
    rear and front speakers output and maybe sub throu the digital out (i'm not
    shure about this one i must chech that out). if i understand correctly the
    live 5.1 for example has double function for "digital out" connector. it is
    digital ouotput and sub/center output when used analog connection. now what
    i'm curious is, is it possible to enable somehow analog outputs for sub and
    center on my sb live player 1024 or not (without using some other sound
    cards and stuff like that. soldering is ok, i can do that). thanks.

    Geronimo, Feb 24, 2004
  8. James

    Nanaglyph Guest

    regarding the rest i'm confused. I have SB Live Player 1024. it has digital
    First of all, you really don't need more than two channels for anything,
    especially a video game. You already are getting one more channel than you
    need, be happy.
    This is such overkill. You only have two ears. Imagine what a 5.1 set of
    headphones would look like, it would still only have two ear cups.

    There are people being murdered in Iraq by an evil US dictator that don't even
    have mono video game enjoyment right now. You have stereo video games.
    Be happy with what you have.

    Nanaglyph, Feb 25, 2004
  9. you are joking right. i have reciever and 5.1 speakers. affcourse i want to
    have a 5.1 sound. regarding iraq, bush is an asshole but i just don't give a
    shit any more. the people of USA elected him so now they have him. here in
    croatia we also had war few years ago. why did't you talk like that then. if
    americans wanted they coulde stop war here in croatia in a month. but wait,
    there is no oil here in croatia! bye

    Geronimo_work, Feb 26, 2004
  10. James

    Truth Guest

    you are joking right. i have reciever and 5.1 speakers. affcourse i want to
    So if they made 25.1 receivers you would want that too? You only have TWO
    ears! All you need are TWO channels with TWO speakers.

    What next? Glasses with 5.1 lenses?
    You better! Eventually your country will be on his list and you will be killed
    if he is not stopped!
    No they didn't! Gore got over a half a million more of the people's votes
    than Bush did! It was the US GOVERNMENT that elected Bush, not the American
    people. Perhaps you did not see or hear about the millions of American people
    who have been protesting Bush and his illegal war in the US. We don't want
    that evil dictator, but there is not much we can do about it because we are not
    allowed to own guns or weapons, like Saddam let his citizens own, so we are
    defenseless to do anything.
    The Americans have no right to meddle in any other country and tell them how
    things are to be. You didn't vote for Bush either, so you shouldn't have to
    live under his rules either. Neither should Americans.
    No, but if Bush bombs your country, Halliburton will get lots of contact work
    reconstructing your country at the American taxpayers expense.

    That's how it works. The only reason Bush wants to go to Mars, is because
    Halliburton has a contract with NASA to build drilling machines to search for
    water on the planet.

    Halliburton is the ruler of the entire universe.

    Truth, Feb 29, 2004
  11. James

    GMAN Guest

    Are you fucking retarded?

    GMAN, Feb 29, 2004
  12. cut

    probably. we start talking about hardware and end up talking about the
    fu**** politics. i just don't give a fu** any more because i see there is no
    point of wasting my time on that shit. you americans have your asshouls for
    politicians and we have our one's. so don't waste time to talk about that
    any more at list not on this group. i just wanted an info about this card.
    nothing more and nothing less. thanks.

    Geronimo_work, Mar 1, 2004
  13. James

    AbitRip Guest

    Take your 5.1 card and throw it out the window. If it wasn't for
    America you still be using a string and a can to listen to your music.
    Oh yeh by the way I have about 100 options for buying a 5.1 card in
    the United States. Lucky for you Hong Kong had one in stock.

    Never Forget
    http://www.fdnylodd.com/BloodofHeroes.html

    AbitRip, Mar 7, 2004