    (I do have DirectX 9 installed, but because of backward compatibility this
    means nothing!)

    Many thanks for any input! :)

    Chogaire, Feb 14, 2004

  2. Start-Run "dxdiag" and see what it says about your sound system.
    Mike.

    Michael Hawes, Feb 16, 2004

  3. Chogaire

    Chogaire Guest

    I have run dxdiag.exe and passed all tests, but as I'm sure you know, with
    backward compatibility being an issue, this doesn't necessarily tell me if
    it's a 'directX 9 sound card'. Nowhere in direct X diagnostics does it say
    'this card is directX 9.0 compatible'. It's just that I've seen it on a few
    game boxes recently and wondered if it meant modern games need an audigy
    class card or such like. It's been a while since I bought PC games as I play
    mostly on my home consoles, so I'm out of touch with it all really. I'm
    pretty sure it will be fine though, I can't see developers alienating all
    those with bog standard SoundBlaster's, as a lot of PC builders still put
    these cards in their machines. Oh well, I've ordered Prince Of Persia today,
    so I'll soon know. Thanks.

    Chogaire, Feb 17, 2004
  4. If you are running directX 9 and it passes do you not think it might
    just be compatible?

    Mike.

    Michael Hawes, Feb 18, 2004