Soundblaster X-fi in K9N Neo4 Platinum/SLI Nforce 4 chipset problems

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Guest, Aug 10, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I'm thinking of installing a soundblater X-fi platinum soundcard on my
    motherboard which is a MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI with the Nforce 4
    chipset, I neet to know if there are any issues involving popping and
    crackling sounds when using this soujdcard in a Nforce 4 chipset based
    motherboard like the one i have the K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI . I've
    flashed upgraded the BIOS to the most recent version 3.A. I've heard
    that there may be a problem regarding this soundcard and my
    motherboard. If anybody is using the same configueration please let me
    know how it is working for you

    Thanks

    K8N Neo4 Platinum/SLI
    AMD Athlon 3500+ (Winchester)
    1 Gig Corsair CMXP512-3200XL
    1 Gig Corsair CMX512-3200C2
    2X Nvidia Geforce 6800 Pcie SLI mode
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
    Plaxtor PX-716A
    Klipsch promedia ultra 5.1
    Thermatake Bigwater CPU cooling system

    Guest, Aug 10, 2006

  2. Guest

    Don Burnette Guest

    Fwiw, I just added an X-Fi Extreme Music, and am running a K8N Neo4 Plat (
    not sli ), and so far
    have not had any issues with it.

    Don

    Don Burnette, Aug 11, 2006