Source for small Qty 10 Base-T isolation Txfmr w/wo filter

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Martin Riddle, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. TIA

    Martin Riddle, Aug 2, 2003

  2. Martin Riddle

    Richard Guest

    Try http://www.bothhandusa.com

    They manufacture a wide variety of magnetics, transformers, and jacks.
    Very popular in commercial products. They have some regional
    distributors, and they sell direct elsewhere.

    At least for their 10/100 jacks w/ magnetics and LEDs, their policy is
    to sample up to 2 units and sell direct in tubes of 28.

    Richard, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Thanks, I did come across the name before, but it had slipped my mind.
    Hopefully I can can get samples of the 10/100 jacks w/ magnetics and LEDs. These are the jacks that
    I wanted to use in the first place. But I found out getting samples from other manufacturers is like
    pulling teeth. One (Filtran) even wanted a UPS or FedEx #! I'll be adding him to the B list.
    Cheers

    Martin Riddle, Aug 3, 2003
  4. Martin Riddle

    Richard Guest

    Within the US, Bothhand will sample you 2 of the jacks for the cost of
    shipping - free with your account # or USD$5 with theirs for ground.
    Reasonable enough.

    They want ~$3.50 each in tubes of 28. The more popular is NU1S041C-434,
    but the 'C' will vary on the winding ratios you need. The C winding is
    used with Realtek's RTL8019AS and ASIX AX88796L, for example.
    Everything's inside the jack - it wires straight to your ethernet
    controller.

    There are small shops that'll sell you singles, but at $7-10 each. It
    doesn't take long for a $100 tube of 28 to look like a good deal.
    http://www.edtp.com and http://www.siteplayer.com are a couple such
    sources.

    Richard, Aug 3, 2003