Soyo 5EMM 1999 vintage. USB died. Must be fuse. Replace it?

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by andre1000, Sep 26, 2004.

  1. andre1000

    andre1000 Guest

    I won't waste a lot of space. My usb acts like the fuse is blown.

    USBready says it's working. All of the settings in bios and drivers
    are ok. But no voltage on the output.
    Happened after I connected then disconnected a Mead Binocular camera.

    I suspect that the older board used a fuseable device rather than a
    polyswitch. Pswitch auto resets after overload. Available since about

    2001 from what I've read.

    So anyone ever replace /short over/ hack into the fuse for USB?

    what can I expect?

    thanks
    andre please PM me too if you reply. I'm new and might get lost till
    I find my way around.

    andre1000, Sep 26, 2004