Soyo 7VBA133U overclocking, BIOS settings? Tualatin 1100a

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by MHz Tweaker, May 6, 2004.

  1. MHz Tweaker

    MHz Tweaker Guest

    Hi all

    I am a new Soyo user. I replaced an Abit BX-133 Raid board with the
    7VBA133U in order to use an ATI 9600XT video card. Socket 370 boards
    are getting really hard to find these days ;-(

    I had a Celeron Tualatin modded to work on the BX board by doing the
    voltage wirewrap mod and pin insulating trick. The system was running
    rock solid at 128MHz front side bus for 2 years.

    The Soyo BIOS doesn't have all the options that the old Abit board did
    and I cannot for the life of me get this board to even boot past 110
    Front side bus speed. I've futz'd around with the SDRAM settings to no
    avail.... Even at ram settings of FSB+33 (110+33=143) my 3 sticks of
    Crucial CAS2 memory are working fine. I really just want to be able
    to run the processor at the speed it was running on the old board.

    I currently have the Tualatin modded to run 1.65 core volts on the
    Soyo since there is no voltage adjustment in the Bios.

    Is there possibly a hacked BIOS that will allow more control over the
    settings?

    Any help?

    MHz Tweaker, May 6, 2004