    looking for them.
    Any and all opinions is appreciated.

    Mark

    Mark, Jun 17, 2004

  2. hi!

    I don´t have such a mobo,but I have a Soyo 7VCA2 with a Celeron 900
    256 mb ram,and a 60 gb 7200RPM hard drive.
    Working fine with Win2k SP4 and Slackware 9.1.
    Of course,I don´t play heavy games, or something like that.
    Previously,with a smaller HD,I had it working with Dos-WFW 3.11.Like a
    jet,:)
    Don´t worry about ram,dos-win311only recognize up to 64 mb,unless you
    make some tip&tricks to make the SO to recognize all the memory,but
    the programs will not work beyond 64mb.

    Jorge

    Jorge E. González, Jun 17, 2004

  3. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Thanks foro the reply Jorge. I don't know if it would change your reply, but
    I should have mentioned I am using Win 98SE and also I might want to play
    some Windows games on it as well as DOS, so not exclusively used for DOS
    games, but most games will be DOS. Most Windows games will work beyond 64 mb
    RAM don't they?. I was concerned if it made any difference if the RAM is two
    different makes and if I can run a 900 mhz Celeron, even though Soyo site
    says you should only use up to 800 Celeron. It might damage the CPU if I run
    the motherboard at 900 mhz.

    Mark

    Mark, Jun 17, 2004