Soyo boards are crap

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Adam Ben Nalois, Dec 5, 2003.

  1. These boards are incompatible rubbish , I´d rather use a C64 than this crap.

    Adam Ben Nalois, Dec 5, 2003

  2. I suspect that the user has a lot to do with the problem in this case.
    Go to eBay. You can find a C64 there and buy it.
    --
    -denny-

    Some people are offence kleptomaniacs -- whenever they see
    an offence that isn't nailed down, they take it ;-)
    --David C. Pugh, in alt.callahans

    Denny Wheeler, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Adam Ben Nalois

    Woobie Guest

    Soyo does have some problems, but I've had far more problems from other
    boards.
    Joe

    Woobie, Dec 7, 2003
  4. Adam Ben Nalois

    Chuck Davis Guest

    In my experience, if you purchase the memory recommended by the
    company and update all drivers for all attached equipment (VIA
    driveres, video, sound, etc) You can avoid a lot of headaches down the
    road. I suppose this is true of any motherboard. I've been down the
    road where I have tried to use old, OLD hardware, and initially blamed
    the motherboard maker.
    Then I began researching the newsgroups and the group here, and saw
    the errors of my ways.

    Using all updated drives, recommended ram, new video card, etc, I have
    a really great system! KT333 Ultra Dragon (Black) with an AMD 2400+
    and an ATI 8500DV card, and a brand new 512MB Corsair ram.
    Chalmers

    Chuck Davis, Dec 10, 2003
  5. That's close to what I'm about to have. Same motherboard, got a 2400+
    arriving from Newegg tomorrow (with a Vantec CA-7040 cooler); already
    got 512MB of Mushkin PC3200 (rated 2/2/2, and running at 333MHz,
    2/2/2), and a 10-day old MSI FX5700 card.

    No problems from here.

    Denny Wheeler, Dec 11, 2003