    me here Guest

    What are good overclocking settings for the XP 1900 - 512mb Crucial DDR -
    Gforce2 Ultra card - Westerd Digital Cavair Drive? Thanks.

    me here, Jan 8, 2004

  2. me here

    farmuse Guest

    if you are talking about the original soyo dragon plus !
    motherboard then you are dealing with the KT266A chipset. That was an
    awesome motherboard, but your overclocking options are somewhat limited.
    the best you can do is to raise the fsb to somewhere around 138, maybe
    140. If you go past that you raise the PCI bus too high and the IDE data
    becomes corrupt ie registry can be trashed. you really don't wanna do
    that. the palomino cpu are locked, you can unlock them but it's somewhat
    tricky. can be done. scour the web for more on that = never done it
    myself. this motherboard more often than not does NOT support the
    thoroughbred CPU unless a very specific board version or it has been
    modded. I am guessing you have a palomino cpu, they run warm so use a
    good cooler and some silver paste, see arctic silver's web site for
    proper use, very important.

    for optimum memory timings and more info go to

    http://forums.amdmb.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=25

    they used to have a sticky about that same motherboard, very good
    suggestions. see what ozzy983 has to say, he knows those boards pretty
    well ~

    farmuse, Jan 8, 2004
  4. me here

    SleeperMan Guest

    True. I went up in steps and it ends at 140max. When i went to 145, i got
    random errors etc.
    And imagine that you could set it to 233...what a bollock. (i run my 1700 as
    1800 now and works OK).

    SleeperMan, Jan 8, 2004