    have been memory issues with this board and I have never used ECC memory
    in any of my computers before.

    Thanks in advance. PW

    PW, Mar 1, 2006

  2. PW

    SleeperMan Guest

    i would rather put in one 1G module...Manual says you can use up to three
    modules...
    but, manual also says you can overclock up to 233MHz, while in reality it
    all stops at 145 or 146 M....on the other hand, there have been also issues
    putting USB 2.0 card in this board, while i didn't have any problems...
    I've had problems using two modules - ok, they werent' matched...if you have
    an option, try out and see, but as i said, i'd go for one stick.

    SleeperMan, Mar 1, 2006

  3. PW

    PW Guest

    The reason I had asked as I just got a good deal on ebay on the matched
    pair. I also overclock and I have mine set at 147 but that is as high as
    I can go without problems.
    I only have 256 DDR in right now, I had tried another unmatched 256 with
    it and couldn't get it to work at all. I will post back with my results
    when the memory arrives.
    Thanks, PW

    PW, Mar 1, 2006
  4. PW

    SleeperMan Guest

    --
    Visit my web page at http://www.protoncek.com
    "PW" <> je napisal v sporocilo
    The reason I had asked as I just got a good deal on ebay on the matched
    pair. I also overclock and I have mine set at 147 but that is as high as I
    can go without problems.
    I only have 256 DDR in right now, I had tried another unmatched 256 with it
    and couldn't get it to work at all. I will post back with my results when
    the memory arrives.
    Thanks, PW

    OK, you do that. I hope you'll be lucky...But be sure to test system
    thoroughly, since my case was very strange - namely it ran fine, except when
    i burned a CDR, burning went through OK, while data checking failed ( nero).
    after that i run memtest and it reported errors...

    SleeperMan wrote:

    PW wrote:

    Can you use a matched pair of Mushkin ECC Registered PC2100 512 DDR
    in a Soyo K7V Dragon? The manual states that you can but I know that
    there have been memory issues with this board and I have never used

    SleeperMan, Mar 2, 2006
  5. PW

    Tim S. Guest

    Just remember that when you run memtest if your overclocked you will get
    errors. Set system to run at normal speeds before running memtest.

    Tim

    Tim S., Mar 2, 2006
  7. PW

    SleeperMan Guest

    well, i don't remember anymore exactly, but i think i tried at 150 and did
    boot, but stopped at the middle... then i just set to 145 and i'm running
    here for years now. But those errors were because i've had two RAM modules -
    when i replaced them with one, all was OK.

    SleeperMan, Mar 2, 2006
  8. PW

    PW Guest

    I guess this means you had some problems trying to run over 146, I
    appreciatte the info and i will double check things to mahe sure I am
    not introducing any errors into my dvd and cd burns.,
    Thanks, PW

    PW, Mar 2, 2006
  9. PW

    farmuse Guest

    ECC and registered are not the same thing. all registered is ECC,
    but not all ECC is registered. the dragon plus does not use registered
    dimms. otherwise you should be fine.

    farmuse, Mar 3, 2006
  10. PW

    PW Guest

    So this means that the registered Mushkin ECC memory won't work, but if
    it was not registered it would work? What is the difference? I have
    never had any memory problem
    but I have never used ECC memory or registered memory. Maybe this is why
    I got such a good deal on this stuff. I hope I didn't get screwed.
    Thanks for all the help,
    PW

    PW, Mar 3, 2006
  11. PW

    SleeperMan Guest

    look at this link
    http://www.2cpu.com/articles/44_1.html
    it's written about difference between two
    good luck

    SleeperMan, Mar 3, 2006
  12. PW

    PW Guest

    The memory works, I had to fiddle around moving from slot to slot and
    turn down my fsb to normal speed but now I am running both sticks of 512
    registered Mushkin ECC. I am running Memtest-86 currently with no
    reported errors so far. As long as things stay stable I will be happy.
    Thanks to all, PW

    PW, Mar 4, 2006
  13. PW

    PW Guest

    I started to get a few errors running both sticks of 512 Mushkin so I
    removed one stick and no errors after 48 hours of testing. I guess the
    Dragon must hate running two sticks of memory.
    Thanks again to all,PW

    PW, Mar 10, 2006
  14. PW

    SleeperMan Guest

    yep....that was my conclusion...unfortunately...

    SleeperMan, Mar 10, 2006