soyo k7vlm-b PCI slots & on board sound not working

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Sennin, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Sennin

    Sennin Guest

    Windows 98SE, Duron 900mhz

    One day everything that's in a PCI slot (Sound card and modem) stopped
    working. I got an external modem to work, then I tried getting sound
    from the onboard sound, but it won't work.

    I've tried the latest 4in1 drivers, and the latest AC97 drivers. I
    even tried the original drivers on the Soyo disk. Still nothing. I
    tried installing the modem and sound card drivers through the Add
    Hardware wizard....nothing. When I install the onboard sound drivers
    it says I do not have a AC97 chip.

    Has the motherboard gone bad or what?

    I'm confused.

    Sennin