    warranty. Original barebone bought lat MAY.

    AND its been over 8 weeks and still no SOYO rebates!

    Time to stop buying SOYO in general or just this specific motherobard?

    john czarnuszewicz, Oct 10, 2004

  2. john czarnuszewicz

    stanmc Guest

    The soyo rebate site shows the following regarding mailed in rebates
    (those not registered on the web first):

    stanmc, Oct 11, 2004

  3. FOUND THE PROBLEM!

    CMOS BATTERY IS DEAD. Replaced it with CR2032
    from another mobo, set CMOS. Rebooted 4 hours later and CMOS still set!

    Old battery failes to light a small LED, my second hand replacement makes
    the same LED glow brightly (and yes I checked for polarity).

    These lithium batteries are to last years, not months.

    Also checked J5 to make certain jumper set to keep CMOS. It was correctly
    set.

    john czarnuszewicz, Oct 11, 2004
  4. Original barebone rebate sent in MAY or June 2004, right after delivery of
    purchase.

    Its been over 16 weeks.

    john czarnuszewicz, Oct 11, 2004
  5. john czarnuszewicz

    stanmc Guest

    john czarnuszewicz wrote:
    ---snip---
    Here is another quote from the site --

    If you mailed in your rebate form more than 10 weeks, please contact us
    at for further assistance. Please allow 1-2 business
    to respond to your inquiry.

    stanmc, Oct 11, 2004
  6. It has been over four months for me with some of the SOYO rebates, and 3
    months for another.
    I don't like that!!!!! grrrr
    I am beginning to feel a scam going on, and I will let Microcenter, where I
    purchased the SOYOs from, know what is happening.

    later,
    dave

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Oct 12, 2004
  7. I think we ALL need to speed SOYO up some with our Rebates!!!!
    I will try to call them today to see where mine are! After 4
    months.........come on! :-(
    later,
    dave

    How can I check the status of my rebate?
    http://www.soyousa.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=54

    SOYO has contracted an outside company for managing SOYO's rebate program.
    Only rebate house can determines whether sufficient documentation have been
    submitted to support and issue the rebate to users who has purchased the
    product. SOYO has no control over decisions which rebate house may make over
    issuing a rebate to a user.

    If customer fill out the rebate form, include all the necessary paper work,
    and follow the terms and conditions on the rebate form; there is no reason
    for Rebate House not to issue a rebate to customer.

    For your reference, the website and telephone number of the rebate house for
    promoted products have been included below. for status, and questions on
    your rebate please contact the rebate house at:

    For Fry's Electronic and Tiger Direct Rebate information, visit:
    www.wheresmyrebate.com or call (800) 390-2344.

    For Status on your rebate please visit:
    www.rebatestatus.com or call (866) 260-4378.

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Oct 12, 2004
  8. john czarnuszewicz

    Jim B. Guest

    I think you need to remember that the rebate is being handled by a
    thrid party. I agree 4 or 5 months is a very long time to wait. It's
    one of the reasons I don't buy rebated items. Hell I'm still waiting
    on a Microsoft rebate from Microsoft Money 99. I think it's safe to
    say it's not coming. There are always too many hoops to jump through
    for me. About the only place I trust for a rebate is CompUSA. I look
    at it this way, if there is a rebate it's because they have to many in
    stock. So why do they have to many? Is there a problem with the
    product that people don't want to buy it? Or is it because they have
    came out with a new product to replace it thats better?

    Best of luck to you in trying to collect the rebate, but don't hold
    your breath waiting for it.

    Jim B., Oct 13, 2004
  9. thanks Jim B, I try to be very patient and breathe deeply and slowly! lol
    I always feel like it is 'free' money if I do receive a rebate check. ;-)

    I think some have received their Soyo rebates after 7 months. lol
    No more Soyo rebate items for me.

    dave AKA vwdoc1, Oct 14, 2004