    glued on it so I can't see the model numbers now...

    Thanks!

    Chowboy

    ChowBoy, Jan 27, 2004

  2. ChowBoy

    stanmc Guest

    Get a copy of AIDA32 or CPUID and they will tell you which chip you have
    to include stepping and other relevant info.

    stanmc, Jan 27, 2004

  3. ChowBoy

    ChowBoy Guest

    Stanmc:

    Thanks for the help. I d/l'ed AIDA32 and ran the chip utility. Too
    bad, I have the Palomino chip...

    Heck.

    Oh, well, it's time to upgrade anyway...

    Thanks again.

    ChowBoy

    ChowBoy, Jan 28, 2004
  4. ChowBoy

    Joe Ready Guest

    Chowboy

    Just because you have a Palomino chip doesn't mean that you can't
    overclock it. I had a 1700 Palomino that I ran for 2 years on a
    VTA-Pro overclocked to 1669 (Athlon 2000). You just have to work a
    little since the Palomino comes locked unlike many of the
    Throughbreds. You can get the necessary supplies and instructions to
    unlock a Palomino from www.highspeedpc.com. The fellow who owns the
    site is knowledgable and very helpful. To unlock the chip you will
    need a fairly steady hand but it is really not a big deal.

    You are unlikely,in my experience, to get much beyond 1669 with a
    Palomino. With a 1700 Throughbred you can get about 1750 with the
    VTA-Pro (not the 1.0 version) if you have good memory, cooling and
    powersupply. If you want more than this you would have to go to some
    extreme measures. Some might think its not worth the aggrevation given
    the cost of CPU chips but if you like to tinker you can get a decent
    performance boost without spending much money.

    Joe

    JOe

    Joe Ready, Feb 2, 2004