Soyo K7VTA-Pro V1.0 & AMD 2200+

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by G. Adams, Sep 18, 2004.

  1. G. Adams

    G. Adams Guest

    Greetings Everybody,

    I recently migrated to a Soyo MB from a FIC MB. All peripherals
    went along for the trip.

    My FIC board ran with an AMD K6 engine of 550 horsepower.

    My Soyo board is running on a presumtpive stallion AMD 2200+ .

    My OS = Millenium with 5400 rpm HDs and Diamond video card.

    I thought there would be a significant increase in application
    programs biting at the bits to get off to the races. Yet programs
    appear to launch from the starting gate as before their migration.

    Now, I says to myself, is that all there is to an AMD 2200+ ?

    I'd like some perspectives from the guru(s) hereabouts as to
    why my system is hamstrung for lack of increased productivity speeds.

    Cheers,

    ga

    G. Adams, Sep 18, 2004

  2. G. Adams

    JOHN Guest

    "G. Adams" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Greetings Everybody,
    >
    > I recently migrated to a Soyo MB from a FIC MB. All peripherals
    > went along for the trip.
    >
    > My FIC board ran with an AMD K6 engine of 550 horsepower.
    >
    > My Soyo board is running on a presumtpive stallion AMD 2200+ .
    >
    > My OS = Millenium with 5400 rpm HDs and Diamond video card.
    >
    > I thought there would be a significant increase in application
    > programs biting at the bits to get off to the races. Yet programs
    > appear to launch from the starting gate as before their migration.
    >
    > Now, I says to myself, is that all there is to an AMD 2200+ ?
    >
    > I'd like some perspectives from the guru(s) hereabouts as to
    > why my system is hamstrung for lack of increased productivity speeds.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > ga

    Mr. Adams
    You failed to list your specs....including memory, memory speed,
    memory settings, bus speed ect....... OH Yeah! and you are running
    Millenium ( Worst microsoft os to date) and you are using a 5400 rpm
    hard drive (slow outdated) Good luck in your need for speed!

    JOHN, Sep 19, 2004

  3. G. Adams

    G. Adams Guest

    Greetings John,

    My Soyo BIOS registers my AMD 2200+ at full power.

    An AMD 2200+ CPU should make a significant difference over an
    AMD K6-550 systemically in any OS notwithstanding its configuration.
    Surely driver etc execution times matter in overall system performance.
    So there should not have to be a reliance on increased memory speed,
    increased HD speed nor increased video card speed - $$$ - to help coax
    the AMD 2200+ along to realizing its optimal potential - especially
    when a given system is not configured for game-playing and such.

    Essentially then, why an AMD 2200+ 'runs' Millennium virtually
    as well as an AMD K6-550 remains a mystery to me.

    ga

    G. Adams, Sep 20, 2004
  4. G. Adams

    Matt Guest

    G. Adams wrote:
    > Greetings Everybody,
    >
    > I recently migrated to a Soyo MB from a FIC MB. All peripherals
    > went along for the trip.
    >
    > My FIC board ran with an AMD K6 engine of 550 horsepower.
    >
    > My Soyo board is running on a presumtpive stallion AMD 2200+ .
    >
    > My OS = Millenium with 5400 rpm HDs and Diamond video card.
    >
    > I thought there would be a significant increase in application
    > programs biting at the bits to get off to the races. Yet programs
    > appear to launch from the starting gate as before their migration.
    >
    > Now, I says to myself, is that all there is to an AMD 2200+ ?
    >
    > I'd like some perspectives from the guru(s) hereabouts as to
    > why my system is hamstrung for lack of increased productivity speeds.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > ga

    Very entertaining.

    Next try restating your problem in a straightforward style with all the
    plausibly-relevant details, and maybe somebody can help you. :)

    Matt, Sep 21, 2004
  5. G. Adams

    Hawkeye Guest

    A few years back I went from a FIC VA-503/K6II-550 to a K7VTA
    Pro/XP1800, all running W2K, and the difference between the two
    systems was noticeable and significant. Same memory, HD, etc.

    Hawkeye, Sep 21, 2004
  6. G. Adams

    G. Adams Guest

    Greetings Hawkeye :)

    That's the type phenomenon I expected from my AMD 2200+ over
    the AMD K6-550.

    Thanks for sharing your experience,

    ga

    G. Adams, Sep 22, 2004