    Thanks so much for a reply.

    Ray Walkerdine
    BC Canada

    Selina Walkerdine, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Selina Walkerdine

    Wes Newell Guest

    I've never heard anything so ridiculous. Why can't you get to the bios?
    What happens if you hit the Delete key during post? Just start hitting it
    right after power on and continue til you get to bios setup. If it still
    continues to boot, clear cmos and try again. Might want to check your
    manual, but I'm pretty sure all VIA chips use the delete key to access the
    bios. The board I'm using now uses F2.

    Wes Newell, Dec 6, 2003

  3. I don't think it is an issue that you can't enter the bios, just that you
    can't see the display on the monitor. Something about the board only being
    able to use the features of the ATI card once it boots into windows, then
    everything is fine. It is just that time period before windows actually
    loads. Again that 2x,4x thing.
    Sorry if I'm not explaining myself properly.
    Ray

    Selina Walkerdine, Dec 7, 2003
  4. I guess the basic questionis this. Will an ATI Radeon 2x-4x All in Wonder
    work on this board, without these workarounds. I agree this is crazy.

    Selina Walkerdine, Dec 7, 2003
  5. Selina Walkerdine

    Wes Newell Guest

    I don't see any reason the video card wouldn't work. AGP 8x is backward
    compatible with 4x. I'm using an old Geforce2 in my 8x AGP slot. Problem
    might be that your monitor doesn't support the default output of the video
    card. I do know I had an older ATI Rage IIC card that wouldn't evne fit in
    an 8x AGP slot, but if the card fits, it should work. Contact both Soyo
    and ATI and see what they say about your card.

    Wes Newell, Dec 7, 2003