Soyo KT400 Ultra & Sigma Box & Raid

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by Squire & Missy, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. Greetings all,

    I have had nothing but problems getting my CF card reader part of the
    SIGMA box to work with my KT 400.

    Setup:

    KT400 w/2 sticks 256 Crucial
    2 Maxtors 40Gb in RAID 0, Maxtor 60 gb on IDE 0
    PNY GeForce 4
    Antec 430 True Power

    Whenever I hook up the USB cable for the card reader, the comp will
    not boot past the RAID screen. It hangs every time.

    If I disconnect the USB cable to the reader and let it boot, then
    reconnect it after XP loads, the reader works fine.

    It's not just the SIGMA box, I tried other after market card readers,
    same thing.

    I tried hooking it up to different USB headers, no difference.

    The USB ports work fine otherwise.

    I sent a note to Soyo, it was deleted without being read.

    Otherwise the board is rock solid. It's frustrating to have to use an
    external card reader...

    Ideas??

    Thanks,

    David