SOYO KT600 Dragon Plus "Screamer problem"

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by WrAvEn, Jul 5, 2004.

  1. WrAvEn

    WrAvEn Guest

    I'm running a SOYO KT600 Dragon Plus with Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000
    multiboot on separate physical drives. The system has been working very well
    until recently, when I went to do a repair to a messed up Windows XP.
    Following instructions I simply wanted to do the repair installation, not
    using the repair console, but just going to F8 and then pressing the "R"
    key. Well, the computer shut down and a loud steady high pitched scream came
    from the computer. I could not figure out what part of the computer was
    doing this. I shut the machine down and had to physically unplug the
    computer to get it to boot up again. The next day I was able to do a repair
    no problem then went to check in my Administrator Tools, Event Viewer, I
    found this: An error was detected on device \Device\CdRom0 during a paging
    operation. Above that was Cdrom - The device, \Device\CdRom, has a bad
    block. Does anyone have an idea why this happened? When this happened I
    could not access Win 2000 or Win XP either. The machine would immediatly
    shut down and the scream would start.

    --
    "Add life to your years,
    instead of years to your life"

    /)/)
    =(';')=
    ,,,("),("),,,

    WrAvEn, Jul 5, 2004

  2. WrAvEn

    PC Ninjas Guest

    sounds like two totally unrelated events, the noise was the
    motherboard shutting down and alerting you, either because of overheated
    cpu or the fan stopped and or sensor could not see fan spinning
    .. What happened in Windows is another event, and no matter how bad
    software acts up, it cant set off the motherboard alarm. Now you have to
    figure out what made the motherboard alarm sound ~

    PC Ninjas, Jul 6, 2004

  3. WrAvEn

    WrAvEn Guest

    Thanks "PCNINJAS", I'm following up on your suggestions and will get back to
    this group when I think I've found my problem - it may be able to help
    someone else with the same dilemma. Yesterday when I booted up my machine
    here - everything worked as it should! This computer has a mind of it's own
    I guess >grin<....

    WrAvEn, Jul 6, 2004