    Is there a way to get Windows Update not to offer SP3 again? unless I

    Avoiding it otherwise seems to take some extra steps and mental care
    that may not be available at the time.

    Ron Hardin, May 14, 2008

  2. Ron Hardin

    wm_walsh Guest

    Hi!
    For at least twelve months of Service Pack 3 relief, try:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...7A-5267-4BD6-87D0-E2A72099EDB7&displaylang=en

    This is the official Microsoft SP3 blocker toolkit. You download it,
    run the file, and unpack it somewhere. Then open a command prompt
    window, go to the folder where you unpacked it, and run the .cmd file
    with a /B to make the blocking effective.

    or, for a shorter link:
    http://lnk.nu/microsoft.com/kl9.aspx

    The previous service pack is *only* supported for twelve months after
    release, so you will probably want to update at that time. Otherwise
    you will not get security updates after twelve months.

    William

    wm_walsh, May 14, 2008