sp97-v bios reset

Discussion in 'Asus' started by Lord Eros, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Lord Eros

    Lord Eros Guest

    Greetings,

    I am trying to find info on which jumpers to move to "reset" the bios
    on my slackware system.

    The proccesor is a cyrix 6x86 pr233mx

    I have googled myself until I gave up and ended up here.

    Initially the cooling fan failed and the kernel wouldn't load.

    I set the box aside for months, and my S.I.L. gave me a fan.

    then the system complained of a dead cmos battery, so I replaced it.

    I have tried setting the defaults in the Bios but the kernel still
    won't load.

    I am hoping that If I can _reset_ the bios via jumpers that I may have
    my machine back. since that seems to be the S.O.P. when replacing
    the battery. But i can't find any info on the board on the web.

    TIA

    Bill Lucas

    Lord Eros, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Lord Eros

    Triffid Guest

    Never met that board, but this procedure works for most:

    - unplug machine at wall socket
    - remove cmos battery
    - short battery terminals together for ~30sec

    HTH

    Triffid, Dec 2, 2003

  3. Lord Eros

    Vince Guest

    On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 21:20:56 -0500, Lord Eros wrote:

    I have a copy of the manual I downloaded from the Asus website when the
    board was still fairly new. May I email it to you?

    Vince, Dec 2, 2003
  4. Is this it?
    http://www.megasat.ch/totalhardware/m/A-B/34618.htm
    RTC jumper, between ISA 1 & 2.