SPARC-no-SPARC

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by m_roguski, Nov 11, 2006.

  1. m_roguski

    m_roguski Guest

    http://rambo.id.uw.edu.pl/pic.php,SPARC/Fujitsu-unknown.jpg,cpuengine,0,0
    http://rambo.id.uw.edu.pl/pic.php,SPARC/Fujitsu-unknown-module.jpg,cpuengine,0,0
    http://rambo.id.uw.edu.pl/pic.php,SPARC/Fujitsu-unknown-module-back.jpg,cpuengine,0,0

    I just bought this thing and it was marketed as "1.35 GHz SPARC
    processor with 2MB cache", yet it's the weirdest SPARC I've ever seen,
    it doesn't even look like Fujitsu-HAL (although the module clearly
    looks like a SPARC module).

    Markings:
    - module:
    Fujitsu Japan CA20355-B36X [007AD] and CA25355-B36414 FJ-A.

    - chip:
    C90S202H
    CSD3600462
    HU0CENG
    03-06

    Can anybody shed some light on what it might be?

    Rambo

    m_roguski, Nov 11, 2006

  2. m_roguski

    Daniel Rock Guest

    It will most likely be a SPARC64-V for PrimePower 900/1500/2500

    Performance is comparable to a US-IIIi @ 1.6 GHz or to a US-IV with the same
    clock speed.

    Daniel Rock, Nov 11, 2006

  3. m_roguski

    Rambo Guest

    It will most likely be a SPARC64-V for PrimePower 900/1500/2500

    Thanks bro, knowing what to look for, I found specs in just a split
    second!
    Of course, I'm gonna credit you for helping to identify the thing :)

    Rambo

    Rambo, Nov 11, 2006