  1. faust.mef

    faust.mef Guest

    I have DTK SPARCstation 1+ (Sun clone) with broken ROM content. I want to restore this machine for my collection and bring it to working state. I need ROM image of Sun SPARCstation 1+ (4/65), it should fit well. I've tried Sun 4/60 ROM, but it don't work.

    faust.mef, Nov 6, 2013

  2. How do you know the ROM is the culprit?
    How did you achieve that?
    With such requests, it might help to reveal your location.
    For example, if I remember correctly, somewhere among all the
    (not only) Sun stuff in my basement there might be a dead 4/65
    mainboard whose ROM/EPROM I might be willing to hand out to
    somebody willing to pick it up.
    Are you sure DTK 1+ is sufficiently compatible to run the 4/65 image?

    Volker Borchert, Nov 6, 2013

  3. faust.mef

    faust.mef Guest

    How do you know the ROM is the culprit?
    I've getting on serial port terminal the string:
    Code:
     Bad EPROM checksum 0000a5f8
    and some OpenBOOT help items looks corrupt. The computer refuses to boot from disk (just halts). I've tried to use 4/20 ROM, it works well but recognize only 16Mb of  memory, possibly because of different memory controllers.
    [QUOTE]
    With such requests, it might help to reveal your location.[/QUOTE]

    Russia, Siberia. I think it's far away from you, and besides that, the Russian Post is working notorious bad. I have a parallel chip programmer and can read and write any type of UVPROMs, so I need only binary image or dump of this ROM, if you could take it out.
    [QUOTE]
    Are you sure DTK 1+ is sufficiently compatible to run the 4/65 image?[/QUOTE]

    There's a very small amount of information about my hardware, but I compared it with original SS1+ descriptions and references and found no diffferences except a case.

    faust.mef, Nov 19, 2013