    uk I have tried Dell but no response and I can imagine the price

    Regards

    Brian

    BA, Mar 27, 2005

  2. BA

    Johoo Guest

    A Dell 8400 isn't very old. So i guess you stil have waranty.

    Harrie

    Johoo, Mar 27, 2005

  3. BA

    Tom Scales Guest

    You'd be surprised. I just bought a power supply for my 4550 from Dell and
    it was under $30 including over night shipping.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Mar 27, 2005
  4. BA

    BA Guest

    Yes but the price it would cost to ship it back, it would be cheaper for me
    to do it. Did not get the onsite warranty.

    BA, Mar 27, 2005
  5. BA

    Tom Scales Guest

    When Dell ships you a replacement part, they include a prepaid return
    label -- at their expense.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Mar 27, 2005
  6. BA

    S.Lewis Guest

    What Tom said. And, replacing the supply is fairly straightforward. You
    could post back here if you needed any assistance.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Mar 28, 2005
  7. You're talking about the US market..........here in the UK, we don't have
    the sort of consumer protection laws you guys across the pond enjoy! (ever
    heard the phrase Rip-Off Britain?)

    The OP probably *does* have to ship it back at his own expense.

    Chuckles The Scary Clown, Mar 28, 2005
  8. BA

    Fixer Guest

    Nope, even here in the UK on the Collect & Return to base repair Dell Does
    pay the shipping costs

    Fixer, Mar 28, 2005
  9. BA

    BA Guest

    What can I say I contacted Dell Wednesday afternoon told them the problem 08
    10 am Friday morning knock on the door my new power supply was here
    Well done Dell very good service

    BA, Apr 1, 2005
  10. BA

    Ben Myers Guest

    I am not surprised. I can attest to excellent service from Dell every time I've
    needed a spare part to repair a system under warranty... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Apr 2, 2005
  11. I emailed Dell asking about the price of the MCE remote control, that I
    didn't order with my Media Center 8400. Three days after the email one
    arrived free of charge. I emailed the guy back and asked how to pay and he
    wrote back not necessary.

    Joe Cilinceon, Apr 2, 2005