SPDIF-IN Abit NF-7 v2.0 anybody really using?

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Jukka P, Oct 20, 2003.

  1. Jukka P

    Jukka P Guest

    Hello !

    I connected FPIO2 SPDIF IN to RCA jack (used MSI option bracket I had
    hanging around) , but I could not get anything in.
    Yes, I put digital input as SPDIF and record SPDIF from nvidia control
    panel.

    As a digital source i USED NOKIA 210 dvb-T digital output both AC-3 and PCM
    and I also tested with Creative DXR-3 digital output from my other pc.

    Nothing was coming in to my speakes, I could not record anything with sound
    recorder.

    I did not test with pass through to optical out , No gimmicks with optical
    in within reach of cables.

    Can Nvidia soundstorm decode digital input to speakers or is it only capable
    of encoding digital strems?
    If it's only encoding the only use for SPDIF IN would be pass throuh to
    optical out.

    Jukka

    Jukka P, Oct 20, 2003