    Running an extension cable from another room is not an option...=)

    Cheers,
    - Kev

    Kev Ivris, Oct 12, 2003

  2. Kev Ivris

    Netmask Guest

    It sounds like either the power supply unit is not adequately filtered (a
    design fault) a fairly common phenomena with power packs, they generally are
    manufactured to minimum legal standards or you may have a 'ground loop'.
    Look up google for ground loops and explanations and fixes. Try shielding
    the power pack in a metal box and move it well away from everything else -
    just might help. Also make sure your input leads to the amplifier are as
    short as possible and are not looped around. Also some surge protectors can
    introduce noise especially if the 'thyristor' or equivalent is not 100%

    Netmask, Nov 3, 2003