Speaker settings and Doom3

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by DaveE, Sep 18, 2004.

  1. DaveE

    DaveE Guest

    hi,

    I have a problem with the speaker settings when running Doom3. Setup is
    Windows XP Home, a Sound Blaster Live! with the latest drivers and Cambridge
    Soundworks 4-point surround speakers.

    Before I run Doom3, I always have to run the Audio HQ and change the speaker
    settings to 4 speakers, then use the Windows XP sound, speech and audio
    devices in control panel to set the speaker settings to Surround Sound.
    Otherwise, when I run Doom3, I cannot change the sound setting to surround
    sound.

    I have to do this each time I start Doom3, XP and the Audio HQ don't seem to
    remember the settings.

    Does anyone have any advice that could help me?

    TIA
    Dave

    DaveE, Sep 18, 2004

  2. DaveE

    Keith H Guest

    If I where you I wouldn't bother with that Audio HQ sh*te. Uninstall it
    and control it through the Windows XP sound control. You probably find
    that the problem goes away.

    --
    _ __ _ _ _ _ _
    | |/ / (_) | | | | | | |

    Keith H, Sep 18, 2004

  3. DaveE

    Lenny Guest

    Have you tried toggling the "synchronize with control panel settings" (or
    something like that) checkbox in the audiohq speaker panel? I believe you
    get best results with a non-5.1 surround system if that setting is OFF. Set
    the windows panel to 5.1 (or else you won't be able to activate surround
    sound in Doom3) and the audiohq panel to 4.1. You could try activating CMSS
    too in the eax console panel, that might help in case you lose the center
    channel in-game.

    I have a 5.1 speaker system, so I don't suffer from this problem, but I
    think this is how other people solved their problem.

    Lenny, Sep 19, 2004