    system can take dolby, and I have the "Digital output only" boxed
    checked and Speakers set to 5.1. Please help.

    David

    David, Feb 28, 2004

  2. David

    Lenny Guest

    The Live and Audigy series can NOT encode sound to dolby digital in
    real-time, this means you will not get 5.1 audio from a surround decoder
    unless you play sound that is already pre-encoded to dolby digital (or some
    other surround standard, such as DTS), such as when watching DVDs etc.

    You don't have to tick the "digital output only" box, it won't do anything
    except disable the analog outputs.

    Lenny, Feb 29, 2004