Spec a Core 2 Duo

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by fertyty, Oct 25, 2007.

  1. fertyty

    fertyty

    Many years ago I used to spend many an hour within this forum speccing up PC's and know all there was to know about CPU's, Motherboards etc. Now I have no idea what goes with what, who makes the best Ram for which motherboard.

    A friends asked me to build him a PC, the build I have no problem with, Im an IT field engineer. The speccing up of the kit itself is a problem, so hopefully you guys could give me a few pointers.

    Budget is ?320

    Needs:

    Core 2 Duo CPU
    2GB Ram
    200GB or bigger HDD
    then the usual ; Case, DVDRW, Graphics, Motherboard.

    This unit will NOT be overclocked, needs to be 100% stable.

    My effort:

    Intel Core 2 Duo E2160 "LGA775 Conroe" 1.80GHz ?63.44
    Intel DP965LT 965 ?70.50
    Corsair 2GB DDR2 Value Select PC5300C5 ?51.69
    Hitachi Deskstar T7K500 NCQ 250GB ?38.76
    Graphics card PCIe ?40
    Case ?45

    ?309

    Thanks