    somehow doesn't include onboard video...

    Thanks for any guidance.

    Chris

    Chris Winters, Feb 29, 2004

  2. Chris Winters

    squared root Guest

    That list didn't appear until after the S2567 had stopped selling in
    general distribution, so that would explain why the list doesn't show
    S2567.

    Have you considered buying a riser from a manufacturer other than
    Tyan? You could try a reseller like Baber, who stocks those kinds of
    cards: http://baber.com/cases/1u_2u_risercards.htm

    Just make sure that the riser you need fits the slot (e.g. if it's a
    5V PCI slot, use the riser with a 5V key, and if the slot is 3.3V, you
    need a riser with a 3.3V key).

    The S2567 has both 3.3V and 5V, plus a 2X AGP Pro slot (AGP 2.0 spec
    looks like, by the key). Hopefully this helps. Good luck with the 2U
    project.

    p.s. the S2567 is a workstation board, not a server board, because of
    the AGP and single LAN port

    ,)`Q

    squared root, Feb 29, 2004

  3. Indeed it would.
    That's great! I guess that was part of my question -- I've had problems
    in the past (WAY past: Tomcat IV) with Tyan boards being very picky
    about what cables were used. I hoped riser cards wouldn't be the same...
    Absolutely! This is exactly what I was looking for.
    Ah, ok. I thought I'd seen it mentioned as both, but like I said I was a
    little fuzzy. And the *Server*works chipset threw me off ;-)

    Thanks a ton.

    Chris

    Chris Winters, Mar 1, 2004