    my audio hardware is working good and the check my audio configuration...

    but the this is... my speakers are fine.. and the sound is perfect... can
    anyone help?

    avi, Aug 28, 2006

  2. avi

    terri Guest

    You probably need to check the microphone. Look in the control panel under
    Sounds and then click the Recording tab to check the mic.
    --
    Terri Stratton
    http://thetabletpc.net

    terri, Aug 28, 2006

  3. avi

    avi Guest

    i know that and its ok.. i mean, i tried the "sound recorder" and everything
    is fine.. and its still say's this when i press start speech recognition:
    "make sure that your audio hardware is working properly and checky your
    audio configuration in the audio devices and sound themes control panel"

    avi, Aug 28, 2006
  4. avi

    Chris H. Guest

    Which Tablet PC are you on? Do you have an external voice-enable
    microphone, or are you using the internal, built-in mic? In Control
    Panel/Speech, have you used the Configure Microphone button on the Speech
    Recognition tab?

    Chris H., Aug 28, 2006
  5. avi

    avi Guest

    i have a logitech USB headset with microphone and also logitech webcam with
    build-in microphone.... both of them are working good in "sound recorder"...
    and i tried the Configure Microphone option... and i get the same message..
    but again... the microphones work great in "sound recorder" and i updated all
    the drivers... so i dont know what is the problem... (i wanna use the Speech
    recognition so badly... please help)

    avi, Aug 28, 2006
  6. avi

    Chris H. Guest

    You cannot have two "microphones" selected and in operation at the same
    time. You need to go into Control Panel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Voice tab
    and make a selection of the proper device under Voice Recording, then Test
    Hardware....

    Chris H., Aug 28, 2006
  7. avi

    avi Guest

    i trired both... i tried 1 at a time.. tried everything and i get the error
    message... please help

    avi, Aug 28, 2006
  8. avi

    avi Guest

    avi, Aug 28, 2006
  9. avi

    Chris H. Guest

    Are you actually disabling one? There are settings in the properties of the
    devices which includes a "Line In" and Microphone. You need to be using one
    or the other, not both. If you can't get it working, I suggest you call the
    support section for your Tablet PC manufacturer and ask them to lead you
    through the setup while you've got them on the telephone.

    Chris H., Aug 29, 2006
  10. avi

    avi Guest

    OK thanks I fix it and i love it :) i got it worked out by my self!!!!!!

    avi, Aug 29, 2006
  11. avi shared these words of wisdom:
    Avi,
    great to hear that you got things going. Congratulations!

    Still - as a forum like this lives from sharing expertise-:
    May I kindly ask what didi finally lead to success?

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Aug 29, 2006
  12. avi

    Chris H. Guest

    And what fixed it? It would be nice to know after spending a couple days
    trying to figure it out.

    Chris H., Aug 29, 2006
  13. avi

    avi Guest

    oh.. yeah.. well, i went to device manager, and saw some audio drivers that
    my windows dident even needed (the vista installed them after the first time
    it opend desktop i guess).. so i uninstalled them 2 have only a default one
    and everything is fine... so just choose 1 device you want and uninstall all
    the others that you dont need!!!! i love the speech recognition!!!

    avi, Aug 29, 2006
  14. avi

    Chris H. Guest

    You're running the Vista beta on that machine? Would have been nice to know
    from the start.

    Chris H., Aug 29, 2006
  15. avi

    avi Guest

    well.. its the "windows vista help and support" no? lol thanx anyway man

    avi, Aug 29, 2006
  16. avi

    Chris H. Guest

    It would have been nice to know the beta was on there instead of the regular
    Windows XP Pro SP2 and Tablet PC Edition 2005. Things are different in
    Vista. :cool:

    Chris H., Aug 29, 2006
  17. avi shared these words of wisdom:
    AFAICS not.
    It's the "Windows TabletPC" and Vista still is a beta far from the
    final.
    And letting possible supporter know right in the beginning what OS is
    envolved IMO should be part of the basic information.

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Aug 29, 2006
  18. Yea you are in the windows Vista support message boards.I have the same
    problem with same popup error as AVI just unable to fix it so far tryied all
    the stuff sugested so far I will keep trying. my error say same

    Battleshipterry, Oct 29, 2006
  19. avi

    terri Guest

    Actually, this is the Microsoft Tablet PC newsgroup. If someone is cloning
    this board, we don't see it without doing some research.

    There's definitely no way of knowing what OS you're running. Also the OP
    posted to the MS Tablet newsgroup, not a Vista support message board.
    --
    Terri Stratton
    Microsoft Featured Community
    http://thetabletpc.net
    Windows MVP - Tablet PC
    http://writepc.com - a site for UMPCs

    terri, Oct 29, 2006
  20. avi

    Mark S-123 Guest

    Hi everyone,

    Terri is correct, there is a problem/issue here. I logged on to the Vista
    forum (running Vista on my Dell Inspiron 6000) did a search on Logitech USB
    headset and saw this thread.

    The heading at the top says I am in the Vista forum, but above the section
    where you read the text it says " In: microsoft.public.windows.tabletpc "

    Where am I?

    Mark

    Mark S-123, Nov 11, 2006