    comes with Windows since it is faster, you can mark questions as read and
    not see them again, track your own posts, etc., etc., which is not offered
    on the web.

    Chris H., Nov 11, 2006

  2. Chris H. shared these words of wisdom:
    Only too true!!
    Thank you so much for this, Chris!!

    IMO it really is a shame that MS offers access to these groups without
    pointing to the far more efficient way of usage of using a NewsReader.
    IMO it might be OK that there is a web-interface for the "newbies".
    But with some kind of "education" everyboy might benefit a lot would
    MS let the folks know that the whole thing is based on the NewsGroup
    technology and can far more efficiently be used with any kind of
    newsreader.
    This is the more strange as everyone has Outlook Express on his/her
    machine an things work perfectly well with this "Freebee".

    Rainald

    Rainald Taesler, Nov 13, 2006

  3. I had indicated in other messages that Windows Vista does not like to be
    upgraded. If you have upgraded from windows XP two Windows Vista you are
    going to have a problem. For some reason all the files do not copy over
    leaving some functionality in operative. If this is the case save your my
    document files to a remote device and then format a hard drive and reinstall
    Windows Vista as a new installation. I know this seems like a lot of work
    but it is the only way that I have gotten full functionality from Windows
    Vista.
    Good luck, Ned Tomarchio

    Ned Tomarchio, Feb 6, 2007