    I think it's slightly better than the standard voices. I'd like to try
    other custom voices but don't want my disk bloated with files I decide
    not to use. Is there a way to get rid of custom voice files?

    J Burns, Jan 15, 2014

  2. J Burns

    J Burns Guest

    Found it! /System/Library/Speech/Voices/
    I was mistaken, Tom is only 462 MB. Softwareupdated must have
    downloaded something previously.

    I'm surprised that Alex is the only other big file. Fred sounds almost
    as good, and he's only 42 KB! Well, how about that!

    J Burns, Jan 15, 2014

  3. J Burns

    Lewis Guest

    You think Fred sounds almost as good as Alex?

    I think a trip to the doctor for a hearing test is in order.

    --
    'Ah... I see that the new traffic division is having the desired
    effect.' He indicated a large pile of paper. 'I am getting any amount of

    Lewis, Jan 15, 2014
  4. J Burns

    J Burns Guest

    You're right. And neither of them can hold a candle to Susan. <sigh>

    J Burns, Jan 15, 2014
  5. J Burns

    Guest Guest

    if by 'almost' you mean 'not even close, which explains why the voice
    file is 1/10th the size'.

    Guest, Jan 15, 2014
  6. J Burns

    Davoud Guest

    Burns:
    Have you held a candle to Susan?

    And is that a quote?

    Davoud, Jan 15, 2014
  7. J Burns

    J Burns Guest

    I'd like to. I wonder if she's on FaceTime.
    Yes, but don't tell her I said it. I don't want her to think I'm a
    creep with a voice fetish.

    J Burns, Jan 15, 2014