    is 1.3Ghz
    In system it also says this, it is supposed to be a 3Ghz Barton core,
    am I right in thinking I have been sent the wrong processor?

    Guilder, Sep 3, 2004

  2. "Guilder" <notthere.COM> wrote in message
    > When I boot the new computer I have just built the processor says it
    > is 1.3Ghz
    > In system it also says this, it is supposed to be a 3Ghz Barton core,
    > am I right in thinking I have been sent the wrong processor?

    You mean an Athlon XP 3000+, correct? There's no such thing as a 3 GHz
    Athlon (true clock speed).
    That said, you obviously have your FSB set incorrectly. The CPU should be
    running at ~2100 MHz.
    I believe your FSB is set to 133MHz.
    You need to go into the BIOS and set the FSB speed to the correct speed,
    166 if you have the 333 version of the 3000+ and 200 if you have the 400.

    Peter van der Goes, Sep 4, 2004

  3. Guilder

    Guilder Guest

    Peter,
    You were quite correct and I have now raised the FSB and it shows
    3000+ as expected.
    Thanks you very much for your help.
    Gary

    Guilder, Sep 4, 2004
  4. "Guilder" <notthere.COM> wrote in message
    > Peter,
    > You were quite correct and I have now raised the FSB and it shows
    > 3000+ as expected.
    > Thanks you very much for your help.
    > Gary
    > On Fri, 3 Sep 2004 18:36:30 -0500, "Peter van der Goes"

    Cool! I like happy endings. Glad things worked out.

    Peter van der Goes, Sep 6, 2004