    I watched an old movie on TV with Whoppie Goldberg (Jumping Jackflash
    - 1986) and saw many Sperry computers. Whatever happened to that
    company ?

    aniram, Feb 3, 2004

  2. aniram

    Julian Guest

    Sperry Rand merged with Burroughs, then that combine merged with
    Control Data, as I recall. Google probably knows.

    Julian, Feb 4, 2004

  3. aniram

    Jim Higgins Guest

    On 3 Feb 2004 10:50:41 -0800, in
    They became Unisys. http://www.unisys.com

    Jim Higgins, Feb 4, 2004
  4. The successor corporation is UniSys, who eventually left the PC market
    "to concentrate on its core abilities" (i.e., it was bleeding to death
    from financial losses in the highly competitive PC market).

    ____________________
    ____________________

    camera critter, Feb 4, 2004
  5. aniram

    hayseed Guest

    It was a pretty good box, just another pc clone, most likely went the
    same place Eagle comp did or did Burroughs buy them?

    hayseed, Feb 6, 2004
  6. aniram

    Jim Higgins Guest

    On 6 Feb 2004 12:28:34 -0800, in