    Also FX Composer 2.5 performance thingy mentions an older driver version ?

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 22, 2009

  2. I just switched between directx9 and opengl rendering.

    The spheres do show up in directx9 but not in opengl ?!

    Since my shaders are based on cgfx = opengl (?) I cannot see the materials
    ?!?

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 22, 2009

  3. I am kinda hoping a reboot will somehow fix it :)

    But I will have to try that tomorrow, not gonna reboot now...

    But tomorrow I will report back: if the reboot fixes it...

    My bet is probably not ! ;) But ya never know ! :)

    That's a lot of butts !

    I also just kicked nice butt in SF4 to test graphics a bit...

    So far so good.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 22, 2009
  4. Sink full with water so decided to test it... but could have gone eating..

    So this eating into my time again I am starting to really hate this.

    Just did a reboot... and it doesn't fix the problem.

    It's a pretty serious problem because now I can't see what kind of material
    it is...

    I don't like it.

    I don't wanna waste me time trying all kinds of drivers.

    Only thing left to do is deinstall latest driver go back to previous one.

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 22, 2009
  5. I went back to this driver version which does have working material spheres
    in FX Composer 2.5:

    178.24_geforce_winxp_64bit_english_whql.exe

    This driver kinda old... maybe some newer ones might also work...

    I did notice the latest driver was a bit faster in SF4 in the jungle level I
    think not sure though but probably ;)

    But speed is not really my concern... I just want everything working and
    latest driver seems to have problems so beware ! ;)

    A black sphere like that could drive some poor unlucky artist on this planet
    crazy ?! ;) :)

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 22, 2009