    although, my guess is that he is serious and a complete moron at the
    same time.

    It gives mac users a good laugh, but it's sad...

    Jonas Smith, Feb 3, 2005

  2. Jonas Smith

    Davoud Guest

    Jonas Smith:
    Your guess is wrong. He's a satirist, and a pretty good one.

    Did you read the last paragraph, which says, inter alia "So is the mini
    a maxi value?  For me, clearly, no.  When I consider that a good deal
    of my time is spent running applications like Disk Defragmenter,
    Scandisk, Norton AV, Windows Update and Ad-Aware--none of which are
    available for the Mac platform--it doesn't make sense for me to
    "switch" to a Mac at this time." Hilarious!
    It gives this Mac user a good laugh because it's a great roasting of
    Windows and the drones that use it.

    Davoud

    Davoud, Feb 3, 2005

  3. Jonas Smith

    D P Schreber Guest

    Looks to me like the entire web site is a spoof of just how blatantly
    dishonest and/or ill-informed blogging often is. Funny in a way, but
    also disturbing if you think about the impact blogs can have (keep the
    last US election in mind).

    D P Schreber, Feb 3, 2005
  4. Jonas Smith

    Jonas Smith Guest

    Unfortunately, since so many 'tech writers' and reviewers come close to
    what he wrote, but on serious sites, it wasn't that apparent that it was
    a spoof. I've actually read something similar somewhere else that the
    author honestly didn't mean as a spoof.

    I read some other articles from the same site and it turned out to be
    theme. All the articles are spoofs.

    Jonas Smith, Feb 3, 2005
  5. Jonas Smith

    Wes Groleau Guest

    I thought the Windows vs. Linux article was even funnier. Excerpt:

    Wes Groleau, Feb 4, 2005
  6. Jonas Smith

    Wes Groleau Guest

    Perhaps another paragraph by the same author will help you decide:

    Wes Groleau, Feb 4, 2005
  7. My favourite is the picture of a website being viewed with Safari,
    labelled "Poor standards compliance: Apple's Safari web browser often
    fails to render MSN properly."

    http://vintageware.orcon.net.nz/

    Roger Johnstone, Feb 4, 2005
  8. I think it's a spoof.

    Michelle Steiner, Feb 4, 2005
  9. Jonas Smith

    Jeff Wechter Guest

    Jeff Wechter, Feb 4, 2005
  10. Jonas Smith

    Davoud Guest

    Gnarlodious:
    (Actually, I wrote that.)

    Jeff Wechter:
    We do a bit of farming on the side, and being modern type individuals,
    we use Macs -- especially PowerBooks -- extensively on the farm.
    Apple's release of a G5 PowerBook that can double as a wheel chock for
    that ol' Farmall M is much anticipated around here.

    Davoud, Feb 4, 2005
  11. I confess I almost fell for it. Part of the message was "The Mini is a
    cute little box, but you can't use it without a monitor, keyboard,
    etc." Fortunately for my sanity I checked out the article on BarbieOS
    and the one with the headline "One Child Dear, 3 Wounded in Daycare
    Piracy Raid."

    Christopher J. Henrich, Feb 4, 2005
  12. I did too, in the part where he was comparing dimensions and weight,
    using the iPod Shuffle's data. I thought "Dummy can't tell the
    difference between an iPod Shuffle and a Mac Mini), but as I read on, it
    became obvious that it must be satire because no one that stupid could
    write so well.

    Michelle Steiner, Feb 5, 2005
  13. Jonas Smith

    fishfry Guest

    fishfry, Feb 5, 2005
  14. Jonas Smith

    DaveC Guest

    Here's an article that's not spoof:

    <http://sfgate.com/cgi-
    bin/article.cgi?f=/g/a/2005/02/04/notes020405.DTL&nl=fix>

    DaveC

    This is an invalid return address
    Please reply in the news group

    DaveC, Feb 5, 2005