    be scavanged. But I'd be ruined if I would then not be able to "find"
    anything in such folders again.

    Could someone clarify this for me, before I decide to buy 10.4? Thanks.

    Toshiro, May 2, 2005

  2. Toshiro

    John Drako Guest

    If you mark a folder as 'Private' in Spotlight's control panel, then you
    cannot search it using the Finder anymore. I found this out the hard
    way.

    For 10.4, private means not searchable, period. Good thing I have Path
    Finder. Its search window is more powerful than the finder and it's not
    affected by the privacy sinkhole in Spotlight.

    John Drako, May 2, 2005