  1. Could someone please let me know what size of screws are needed to secure
    a hard drive to a spud bracket.

    Regards Ian Donaldson

    Ian Donaldson, Sep 14, 2003

  2. Ian Donaldson

    Chris Cox Guest

    I don't know the size by name, but as long at their not the real
    short stubby ones, and the the screws with the giant heads, I've
    alwasy just use plain old hard drive screws.

    Chris Cox, Sep 14, 2003

  3. 6-32 UNC

    Sun uses Torx head screws, this is not really necessary, but
    Phillips head is nice. Here is the word from Seagate about screws:

    Four (4) 6-32 UNC-2A screws are required for installation. Maximum
    screw length into side of drive is 0.15 inches (3.81 mm). Maximum screw
    length into bottom is 0.20 in. (5.08 mm). Screw tightening torques is 8.0
    lb-in (.90 NM) max with minimum thread engagement of 0.12 in (3.00 mm).

    carl

    Carl Lowenstein, Sep 15, 2003