    1 year with another motherboard. The MA78G-DS3H would be still available so
    changing that would be the easiest trick.
    Franz47

    franz47, Dec 13, 2009

  2. franz47

    TM Guest

    Check for bulging capacitors.

    TM, Dec 13, 2009

  3. I have a similar issue with a different motherboard, a Gigabyte GA-EX58;
    my sound is not constant, it varies (A LOT) depending on what the system
    is doing. I hear chirping, whistling, various high pitched (ALMOST
    inaudible) tones and, occasionally .... silence.

    The sound is almost certainly coming from the magnetics (coils) of the
    switching power supply for the CPU that is on the motherboard. The
    ferrite cores of one or more of the coils are "vibrating" at very high
    frequencies (main power supplies sometimes do this also). It shouldn't
    happen, but those coils were not properly "potted" when they were made.

    In my opinion it should be covered as a warranty claim, and my board is
    still in warranty. The problem is, I am unwilling to be without a
    system for 3 weeks, not to mention the HUGE effort involved, so I'm
    putting up with it (not happily, however). But a manufacturer might
    deny it because, electrically, it works fine (and it does; it is not a
    risk to the operational ability of the system, it's just annoying as hell).

    Barry Watzman, Dec 14, 2009
  4. franz47

    Paul Guest

    Some motherboards have software for controlling the operation of Vcore
    dynamically. Perhaps removing that software, making changes to settings,
    might alter the noise you hear.

    (Mentions EPU and D.E.S., available on higher end boards)

    http://www.fudzilla.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5490&Itemid=1

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 14, 2009
  5. franz47

    franz47 Guest

    Yesterday I already thought about another possibility. When changing the booting
    sequence in the BIOS I had also gone through other BIOS values and changed the
    temperature and fan alarms from off to on. The sound came from the little sound
    gadget, which nowadays replaces the case loudspeaker and is plugged onto the
    motherboards where you attached the case loudspeaker cable in earlier days. The
    AMD CPU and mobo software keeps the fans standing still when temp is low so
    some of these alarms, only the fan under the HDD is on all the time. This makes
    a perfectly quiet PC. I turned the alarms in the BIOS off and the sound was gone
    again.

    Thanks for all the input.
    Franz47

    franz47, Dec 14, 2009
  6. franz47

    Paul Guest

    Thanks for posting back. It must be a lot quieter where you are now :)

    Paul

    Paul, Dec 14, 2009
  7. Well, unfortunately, that is not my problem.

    Barry Watzman, Dec 14, 2009
  8. franz47

    tlviewer Guest

    Barry,

    I have the ep45-ud3r. If this noise is like that coming from a bunch
    of bird nests in springtime, then here's what fixed it on my board.
    Boot up, go into the bios <del>, and navigate to the Integrated
    Peripheral menu. Then set C1 state control and E.I.S.T. to disabled.
    Doing this will turn off power throttling. If you monitor your CPU
    Core voltage, you will see constant.

    tlviewer, Dec 21, 2009
  9. franz47

    John Doe Guest

    And you think somebody gives a shit?

    Stop top posting in a technical help group, moron.

    John Doe, Feb 22, 2010