    how meny cpu´s i can install in my ss20 ??? (2 or 4)

    thanks in advance
    maurizio

    mauric, Sep 17, 2003

  2. mauric

    Claus Dragon Guest

    you have two mbus slots. each one can take one mbus module (Gee, what
    wisdom :)). there are dual-cpu modules, so that would mean that the
    SS20 can hold 4 cpus. but i think most modules are single-cpu modules,
    so that would make 2 cpus.

    also, IIRC, the dual-cpu modules will block on sbus slot each.

    those urls might help.

    http://www.sunstuff.org/hardware/mbus/

    http://mbus.sunhelp.org/modules/

    http://au.sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Devices/CPU_Module/SuperSPARC_TOC.html

    Claus Dragon, Sep 17, 2003

  3. mauric

    mauric Guest

    i have see any sun cpu´s in ebay for the ss20
    75 - 150 mhz it s gone on every ss20 ????

    thanks in advance
    mauri

    mauric, Sep 17, 2003
  4. mauric

    Claus Dragon Guest

    i can only speak for ebay.de, but there are not many mbus modules
    offered there. normally, only sm30s, the occasional sm40, and
    sometimes, sm75 or even ross hypersparcs.

    sometimes, i think that getting a second station and removing the
    parts from it might be easier and cheaper in comparison.

    Claus Dragon, Sep 17, 2003
  5. That is not true. I have had quad 125 MHz HyperSPARCs (two dual
    processors) without blocking any sbus slots. There may be some cases
    where an mbus slot is blocked, but it it certainly not always the case.

    the day they start making vacuum cleaners." -Ernst Jan Plugge.

    Dr. David Kirkby,
    Senior Research Fellow,
    Department of Medical Physics,
    University College London,
    11-20 Capper St, London, WC1E 6JA.
    Website: http://www.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/~davek
    Author of 'atlc' http://atlc.sourceforge.net/

    Dr. David Kirkby, Sep 18, 2003
  6. mauric

    Claus Dragon Guest

    While forming in a straight line, "Dr. David Kirkby"
    i stand corrected.

    Claus Dragon, Sep 18, 2003
  7. mauric

    Claus Kick Guest

    Claus Kick, Sep 19, 2003
  8. mauric

    Claus Kick Guest

    while browsing through ss10/ss20 options once again, i found this also:

    http://au.sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/SS10/SuperSPARC_SM52X.html

    that one as well. i knew there was one of the supersparc models which did that...

    but still, the majority does not block any sbus slots :)

    claus

    Claus Kick, Sep 19, 2003