SS20 Wright Technologies SCSI card question.

Discussion in 'Sun Hardware' started by Phil Phil, Dec 15, 2003.

  1. Phil Phil

    Phil Phil Guest

    Hello:

    I found this SCSI card (with 1 narrow SCSI connector) screw into a
    hard drive sled inside a SS20.

    All the chips on the card are covered with an adhesive(hard as
    concrete), so I can't read the numbers off from them. There are six
    chips in the front of the card with 1 narrow scsi connector.

    The back of the card has one blob of the adhesive, with no chip
    underneath it.

    The only letters I see from the circuit board are:

    Wright Technologies Pty Ltd.

    004-11003-02 Mod A S/N 1300.

    It also has a pack of 4 dip swithches, a fox 20MHz crystal, a 4-pin
    power connector, and a IC socket.

    My question is:

    What does this card do? The SS20 already has a internal narrow SCSI
    bus with a cable going into the CDROM.

    Comments, suggestions, are appreciated.

    Thanks
    Phil