SS30G2 and Celeron D

Discussion in 'Shuttle' started by Donald, Mar 17, 2007.

  1. Donald

    Donald Guest

    I just received a Shuttle SS30G2 and a Celeron D from Newegg.

    I plugged in the cpu and a Corsair 512M DDR2 memory module.

    Plugged in the power cord and VGA monitor on the back.

    Push the power button, fans come on, LEDs come on, no video to the monitor.

    I do not see any jumpers on the mother board, so I do not think its miss
    configured.

    Any suggestions about what I may have done wrong.

    I contacted Newegg via email, but I will not hear from then until Monday.

    I did notice that the cpu did not get warm when I checked it.

    Thanks for any feedback.

    donald

    Donald, Mar 17, 2007

  2. Donald

    Stephen Guest

    CPU fan connected to the correct header?
    CPU heatsink installed correctly?
    All motherboard power cables connected?
    Clear CMOS jumper on the correct pins?

    Stephen

    Stephen, Mar 18, 2007

  3. Donald

    Donald Guest

    Thanks, all these items were checked and double-checked.

    On one of the forums I found, it seems that the SS30G2 is known for
    being finicky.

    http://www.sudhian.com/index.php?/forums/

    I'm going to send it back with the cpu I bought.

    Maybe buying the pre-built version is the best for these new beasts.

    donald

    Donald, Mar 18, 2007