    Memorex DVD-R, and Maxell DVD+R. All burn at 2x using Nero 6.3.

    Thanks in advance for any input.

    David

    David, Jan 22, 2004

  2. David

    Clas Mehus Guest

    Earlier I used a SS51G for comparisonreviews of CD- and DVD-recorders.
    Used a lot of units without problems with 4x DVD-speed. Thus, not the
    LG 4040B (used the Iomega Super DVD on a SB65G2 -- same unit, no
    problems).

    If you download CD-DVD Speed from www.cdspeed2000.com -- what speeds
    do you get reading a "pressed" (original) DVD-disc? What speed do you
    get for burning CDs? As I remembered this is 24x on CD-R -- any
    problems?

    Is the unit connected alone on the cable?

    Clas Mehus, Jan 22, 2004

  3. David

    David Guest

    Hi, Clas. Using Nero's CD-DVD Speed tool, I get an average transfer
    rate of 5.98x (3.45x start and 7.92x end) on a 3.87 GB DVD. Is that
    normal for this drive? You're correct that I can burn CD-Rs at 24x
    with this drive. It is the secondary master drive and the only drive
    on the cable.

    Were you testing on a SS51G (v1.0) or a SS51G (v2.0)? The v1.0 has
    the SiS 651 chipset, while the v2.0 has the SiS 651B chipset.

    David, Jan 22, 2004