    PS failure.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    BigSky

    Big Sky, Oct 2, 2005

  2. Big Sky

    Clark Guest

    Try resetting the Power Supply by unplugging it. I would think 200watts is
    not enough, but the below site seems to list some components and how much
    power they use. There are other sites that will give you exact numbers if
    you can find them. The quality of the supply makes a difference, but I
    don't know how good the shuttle ones are.

    http://forums.thatcomputerguy.us/index.php?showtopic=1096

    Shuttle is now selling a 300 watt version, probably because folks wanted to
    do what you are doing.

    Clark

    Clark, Oct 2, 2005

  3. Big Sky

    suelo Guest

    I have a shuttle sn41g2, i put a 9800 pro on it 10 months ago and i began to
    have problems when i used two monitors, the problem came starting windows
    xp, sometimes worked and some hanged the machine, i bought the new 250 watts
    silent x in august, i never had more problems and the pc is running very
    stable. i think that the problem is your old and tired power unit. change
    it.

    suelo, Oct 2, 2005
  4. Big Sky

    Big Sky Guest

    Well, my son managed to play BF2 for an hour without incident but I don't
    think my problems are over yet. I wonder if I could put the DVD and HD on
    the power line that goes to the MB and has a free molex connector on it?
    Then the other free power line would just handle the 9700Pro.

    Big Sky, Oct 3, 2005
  5. Big Sky

    Big Sky Guest

    Well,

    After having continued problems with "No video signal" and a corrupted
    display despite removing the cover of the SS51G and unplugging many of the
    components, I finally decided to move the card to a tower PC and different
    monitor. After loading the drivers the card worked flawlessly for over an
    hour, I thought my problems were over. However, the next day on boot up the
    screen was again corrupted (looked like it was magnified 100 times). So,
    I'm guessing the card is bad.

    Big Sky

    Big Sky, Oct 10, 2005