    My ST61G4 does NOT have this. When I boot the system it says the BIOS
    is 6.00PG. I can't install XP or anything because it doesn't
    recognize the hard disk, a Seagate 7200 RPM SATA drive.

    Mike Shafer, Dec 4, 2003

  2. Mike Shafer

    D R Tester Guest

    The ST61G4 most definitely does have SATA (See:
    http://www.shuttle.com/share/product_data/spec/ST61G4 DM.pdf) for the
    specification sheet. However it sounds as though your stumbling block is not
    having the Silicon Image RAID drivers (SATA) as these have to be loaded from
    floppy disk whilst going through an XP install, otherwise the drive will not
    recognised. You need to do the following:

    1. Go to the silicon image website and download the SILex12 drivers - I
    think the link is:
    http://12.24.47.40/display/2/index....512Q04X5i0UupP4SveI6dt2WJi7&cid=2&r=0.7982752

    Are you going to be running one drive or setting a RAID array, either 0 or
    1? If you are setting an array you need to create a RAID set first, this
    can be done when the system POSTs - press ctrl+s (I think on the ST61G4) to
    enter the RAID configuration utility

    2. Put the drivers you have downloaded onto a formatted 3.5" disk

    3. Insert your XP cd-rom to do the install, when you get the prompt to load
    additional drivers - press F6, you'll get a prompt to insert your disk with
    the drivers - do so.

    4. Follow the rest of the instructions for the XP install.

    And bingo, you new drive will be recognised by the system, ready for you to
    install Windows XP :)

    Hope this helps,

    Dom

    D R Tester, Dec 4, 2003