    I am currently using 2.1024/2.1019 respectively. I seem to recall
    that when 2.31 came out, there were some problems with it and people
    weren't happy. Did High point fix whatever was wrong with it?

    Jerry Polyak, Jul 14, 2003

  2. Jerry Polyak

    TomG Guest

    2.34 2.32 are fine...

    --

    Thomas Geery
    Network+ certified

    ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    over 113,000 FTP users served!
    ^^^^^^^

    TomG, Jul 15, 2003

  3. Jerry Polyak

    TomG Guest

    I'm sure I could create a 2.34 bios set for you but my favorite was still
    2.0.1203.

    TomG, Jul 15, 2003
  4. Jerry Polyak

    TomG Guest

    the 2.0.1203 came out just a little while after the 2.0.1024. Not much real
    difference between the two, if at all.

    I'll try to get around to making a 2.34 for you tomorrow.

    TomG, Jul 15, 2003
  5. Jerry Polyak

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    Thanks, no big hurry, whenever you get to it.

    Jerry Polyak, Jul 15, 2003
  6. Jerry Polyak

    Ken Kauffman Guest

    | the 2.0.1203 came out just a little while after the 2.0.1024. Not much
    real
    | difference between the two, if at all.
    |
    | I'll try to get around to making a 2.34 for you tomorrow.
    |
    | --
    |
    | Thomas Geery
    | Network+ certified
    |
    | ftp://geerynet.d2g.com
    | ftp://68.98.180.8 Abit Mirror <----- Cable modem IP
    | This IP is dynamic so it *could* change!...
    | over 113,000 FTP users served!
    | ^^^^^^^
    |

    | | > If it's not too much trouble, I would like to test-drive the 2.34.
    | >
    | > What did you like about the 1203? I don't think I've seen the 1203, just
    | > the 1204 I am using?
    | >
    | > TomG wrote:
    | > > I'm sure I could create a 2.34 bios set for you but my favorite was
    | still
    | > > 2.0.1203.

    Does a guide on how to update bios components like this exist? I'm sure you
    may have answered this in the past, or Richard has. So if I wanted to
    insert updated bios components, where do I begin. I know its not a simple
    matter, I was just wondering if there were any guides.

    TIA

    ken k

    Ken Kauffman, Jul 15, 2003
  7. Jerry Polyak

    TomG Guest

    it is pretty simple... you just use the CBROM utility, which can be
    downloaded from the net or my server, and the following commands:

    cbrom bios.bin /d (where "bios.bin" is the bios file you are working with)
    the /d switch tells CBROM to display the contents of the .bin file

    cbrom bios.bin /pci insert.bin (where "bios.bin" is the bios file you are
    working with and "insert.bin" is the bios file [Highpoint in this case] to
    be inserted. the /pci switch tells CBROM to update the /pci bios insert
    with the new insert.

    that's it.

    TomG, Jul 15, 2003
  8. Jerry Polyak

    TomG Guest

    it's up there in the /beta section...

    TomG, Jul 15, 2003
  9. Jerry Polyak

    0_Qed Guest

    Hi Jerry ,

    :)
    Want my snail mail addy ... ???
    you can at least write me a note ...
    I can repeat it to the NG ...

    I have the Ut_most confidence in you ... absa_!!PHUCKING!! _tutely!
    ( glad its you & not me )

    :)
    Qed

    PS- "I", for one, will sorely miss your reparte' ...

    PPS- OOPs!
    .. almost forgot ...
    .. BYE_ee .

    0_Qed, Jul 16, 2003
  10. Jerry Polyak

    TomG Guest

    no way to verify as such other than to do another CBROM bios.bin /d and make
    sure that the *new* insert shows. bios saviors were always a must for me
    and I have one even as we speak on my IC7-G.

    TomG, Jul 16, 2003
  11. Jerry Polyak

    Jerry Polyak Guest

    Okie Dokie?