standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel port Can it be done?

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Simon, Aug 31, 2004.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    I understand that usb is the way to go but is it possible to rewire a
    standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel port?

    I've got a Wingman light joystick but ive no game port slot to plug it into,
    So i would like to rewire the plug so i can plug it into a com or parallel
    port.

    My System is:
    Time Computer System
    O.S Windows XP Home Ed
    2.2 Athlon xp
    1Gb ram
    Not sure what motherboard its got but its got no game port!

    TIA
    Regards
    Simon

    Simon, Aug 31, 2004

  2. No.
    The gameport, is quite complex. Has a couple of AD converters, and a
    serial interface all built in.
    You can get USB to gameport adapter cables, that allow a standard joystick
    to connect to a USB port. Cheapest, and easiest route to go. Look at:
    http://www.ciao.co.uk/Sitecom_USB_to_Gameport__5433169
    for a typical example.

    Best Wishes

    Roger Hamlett, Aug 31, 2004

  3. Simon

    Simon Guest

    Ok ill go with that then, it looks the easiest way to do the job and its a
    good price.

    Thanks for taking the time to give me this info i appreciate it.
    Kind Regards
    Simon

    Simon, Sep 1, 2004