standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel port Can it be done?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Simon, Aug 31, 2004.

  1. Simon

    Simon Guest

    I understand that usb is the way to go but is it possible to rewire a
    standard 15 pin game port joystick to a com or parallel port?

    I've got a Wingman light joystick but ive no game port slot to plug it into,
    So i would like to rewire the plug so i can plug it into a com or parallel
    port.

    My System is:
    Time Computer System
    O.S Windows XP Home Ed
    2.2 Athlon xp
    1Gb ram
    Not sure what motherboard its got but its got no game port!

    TIA
    Regards
    Simon

    Simon, Aug 31, 2004

  2. Simon

    logized Guest

    No, Just get a sound card that includes the 15 pin game/midi port and
    disable your onboard sound on the motherboard.

    Dave

    logized, Aug 31, 2004