Stanford's robotic Audi to brave Pikes Peak without a driver

Discussion in 'Embedded' started by Don McKenzie, Feb 10, 2010.

  1. Don McKenzie

    Don McKenzie Guest

    Stanford Report, February 3, 2010

    Stanford's robotic Audi to brave Pikes Peak without a driver
    http://news.stanford.edu/news/2010/february1/shelley-pikes-peak-020310.html

    check out the video.

    Other autonomous cars have crossed the finish line of the Rocky Mountain
    road, but only at about 25 miles per hour. The 12.4-mile paved and
    gravel track has 156 turns and a climb of 4,720 feet. An official
    contest for human drivers will take place in June this year, but Shelley
    will attempt a timed race in September, when she can get the track to
    herself.

    Cheers Don...

    --
    Don McKenzie

    Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
    Web Camera Page: http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
    No More Damn Spam: http://www.dontronics.com/spam

    Product Sellout: 15% OFF 4DSystems OLED Displays & modules.
    http://www.dontronics-shop.com/micro-oled.html

    Don McKenzie, Feb 10, 2010

  2. Don McKenzie

    JeffM Guest

    The Slashdot editor tagged this story
    "from the zoom-zoom-splat dept."

    That last missile intercept attempt over the Pacific
    didn't go so well either.

    JeffM, Feb 11, 2010

  3. Don McKenzie

    fritz Guest

    Interesting that they chose a German car, but not surprising, they make the
    best cars
    in the world. (Ignoring the extremely expensive but fast cars made by the
    Italians.)
    Audis are obviously more reliable and cost effective in the opinion of the
    Stanford gurus.

    I was impressed by the following story from the Stanford website..about
    Steve Jobs.....

    http://news.stanford.edu/news/2005/june15/jobs-061505.html

    Not being a Mac convert myself, BTW.

    Fritz

    fritz, Feb 13, 2010
  4. Don McKenzie

    Mr.T Guest

    What an ego, he thinks typography would not have happened on a computer
    without him. Yet Xerox had already done it. Not that he ever admits to all
    the ideas he pinched from PARC. He still claim MS pinched them from him,
    what a wanker!

    MrT.

    Mr.T, Feb 14, 2010